Sign in to follow this  
Iron Chef

Name this motor!

Ok this should be fairly easy for you Honda guys - I'd love to say I was setting you a challenge, but if you're anything like the trainspotters on OzHonda, you'll have it sussed in seconds.

My agent bought an EF3 Civic Si with this motor in it recently. He asked me to find out more about it, and I know pretty much nothing about early model Civics, aside from the Si-Rs ran B16As with VTEC, and I'm presuming this car would normally run the same motor without it?

Any goodies you can spot in there that are worth mentioning? The photos are high res if that helps.

IMG_4236.JPG

IMG_4237.JPG

It's a ZC. Same as in a import CRX Si.

Very similar to the D16A8 found in the Aus model, with slightly higher compression.

Looks like it has aftermarket extractors, and other blatantly obvious things like strut bar and pod filter :P

Got any exterior shots?

Beautiful, thanks Pat. I think my agent was secretly hoping he'd picked up one with a VTEC motor lol

Pics will be up with the rest of the ad soon :)

Beautiful, thanks Pat. I think my agent was secretly hoping he'd picked up one with a VTEC motor lol

Pics will be up with the rest of the ad soon :)

Your welcome. :thumbsup:

It's a great little engine... Revs to all buggery for something without any form or variable timing.

wow that was quick

I hear that all too often :(

:lol:

Also: Please refrain from comparing us to oz Honda. I'm trying to maintain some kind of minimum intelligence level on here. That will rule many oz Honda members out.

Blue rocker cover not stock, should be black. Could indicate some headwork or just rice appeal.