Sign in to follow this  
Karbonyte

The Official PS3 Chat and PSN gamer tags thread!

Not getting COD:WAW...Its made by Treyarch, the people behind COD3. Il wait til Infinity have another go. I rarely play online (that will change when i get 1.5) but my PSN ID is GaiusJuliusCaesr. Damnit one letter short oh well. Accept any and all adds.

Finished Metal Gear Solid 4 last night.

f**k....such a great game. It actually has a hell of a lot of replay value as well.

With all the stuff that can be unlocked. That and there's the online mode.

Konami did a bloody good job with it.

Not getting COD:WAW...Its made by Treyarch, the people behind COD3. Il wait til Infinity have another go. I rarely play online (that will change when i get 1.5) but my PSN ID is GaiusJuliusCaesr. Damnit one letter short oh well. Accept any and all adds.

So you reacon it wont be as good as COD4? Ill be renting it when it coems out to check out what its like, but looks to be good. Still playing COD4 so anyone can add me Victor_Vance

P.S. We should have a list of all the PSN's in the first post for those who accept all add's.

its built on the COD4 engine but. so its not like its going to be cod3 all over again or anything.

my guess would be its prity much COD4, reskinned for WWII, +- few things.

Its like that with games but, how many completely unrelated games has the Unreal 3 Engine been used in last year. Makes sense too no need to re-invent the wheel if everything worked the first time, just resell the engine.

end of the day if u liked cod4, and can still digg wwii combat its worth getting. Plus the new co-op campaign is what im looking forward to.

from IGN

General Features

* Call of Duty 4 Technology – Built using the Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare engine, Call of Duty: World at War utilizes a bedrock of technology that delivers jaw-dropping visuals, while empowering players to employ elements like fire to affect the dynamics of the battlefield. Players that attempt to harness the power of new weapons, like the flamethrower, will find themselves capable of burning away environmental elements that give cover to a camouflaged enemy, leaving a charred battlefield – and their foes – in their wake

* Coordinated Assault and Support – For the first time in the franchise, Call of Duty: World at War introduces co-op, bringing fresh meaning to the No One Fights Alone mantra. Call of Duty: World at War co-op features up to four-players online, or two-player local split-screen, allowing gamers to experience harrowing single-player missions together for greater camaraderie and tactical execution. The title also incorporates traditional multiplayer components such as challenges, rankings and online stats into the co-op campaign for deeper re-playability and advanced gameplay

* New Theaters of Operation – Players fight as U.S. Marines and Russian soldiers facing enemies – some new to the Call of Duty franchise – that employ lethal new tactics and know no fear, no mercy, nor the rules of war. Epic conflicts are fought on multiple fronts, playing through the climactic battles of WWII in the grittiest, most chaotic and cinematically intense experience to date

* Innovative Multiplayer – Multiplayer builds from the success of Call of Duty delivering a persistent online experience for more squad based interaction. New development with party systems allows an intimacy with squad based combat never before seen in Call of Duty. Combined infantry and vehicle missions add a new dimension to the online warfare and offers more PERK abilities

* Cinematic Quality Graphics and Sound – Treyarch's award-winning sound department returns with effects that add to the already immersive cinematic intensity of the Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare game engine

Im just wanting to rub it abit...but im playing the COD5 beta on my xbox360 :lol:...too bad there was no PS3 beta for it.

anyone geting into FIFA09 online.. add me BLOWNVX for some games or join the team im in !!

For those wanting a run down of the COD5:WAW beta:

Movement - seems about the same (as in running around speed etc...)

Game modes:

War (basically a capture the point type game, push the enemy back and own the 5 or so bases)

Capture the Flag

Team Deathmatch

Free For All

Maps:

Roundhouse - a very open map and i often went as sniper. (my favourite) lots of open and some close quarters stuff.

A hut/Water map - set on a beach with wooden walkways etc...

Castle - A Japanese castle, lots of buildings and stairways etc...

Perks:

All the favourites are there...unfortunately the crap ones are there Juggernaut etc, and some new ones

there is tank perks - ie faster turret

Levelling up:

They have maxed out the beta level up to level 11 (I think I’m currently at 7 or 8)

Weapons:

Thompson - Feels so week, almost a whole clip to kill someone

BAR - More powerful,

Type99 - the machine gun with the clip upside down - Very hard to see the enemy when looking through the sights, but powerful

Springfield rifle - the sniper rifle, bolt action of course 5 bullets and a is abit slow between shots so make the first one count.

M1 Garand Rifle - Haven't used it much

others to unlock after level 11

Comparing it to COD4, but games are very different...I really like COD5 but its no COD4....will be good for something different (new maps and weapons)

dont know if you guys heard the news...

little big planet release date pushed back .

new release date hasnt officially been released but eb and jb have said nov7....

loony reason to hold back the release if u ask me...

nothing a patch couln't of taken care of.

http://www.kotaku.com.au/games/2008/10/lit...u_date_yet.html

Username: Jimmy_Bish (surprise, surprise! lol, I can never think of decent names!)

Games I have:

Warhawk

GT5: Prologue

Resistance

Motorstorm

Snakeball

GRiD

GTA:IV

WipeOut HD

Little Big Planet Beta (although that just closed since it's being released soon. BUY IT!!!!)

I think that's all of them. If I've forgotten to list a game then it's either offline only or it sucks and I don't play it.

Username: OUTRGS

COD4

GT5 Prologue

MGS4

add me!!

(got other games but they're the online ones i got)

Im just wanting to rub it abit...but im playing the COD5 beta on my xbox360 :lol:...too bad there was no PS3 beta for it.

Yeah but its a 360....

Atm im whoring COD4, probably will get resistance 2 next mon

ID is hkspwr115

Finished Metal Gear Solid 4 last night.

f**k....such a great game. It actually has a hell of a lot of replay value as well.

With all the stuff that can be unlocked. That and there's the online mode.

Konami did a bloody good job with it.

Hey Kris whats your user ID ill add you...

Also does anyone play FIFA 09 here?

Guys dont get COD5. If you liked COD4, then dont buy COD5 because its different developers. Support the Infinity Ward COD's, not Treyarchs POS.

Btw my PSN ID is GaiusJuliusCaesr. I only play COD 4 and sometimes Bad Company, hanging out for Resistance 2 though!!

Edited by caesar

x box 360 is the biggest piece of crap ever i wouldnt piss on one million faulty consols tells the story just crap ps3 walks all over the x box

i hate x box, i hate x box ,i hate x box i had one for a few weeks till i came to my scenses and e bayed it for a ps3 best decision i ever made never look back call of duty 4 is the shiv till next month call of duty world at war im keen and the new need for speed undercover very nice i was ranked 4th in the world for drifting on pro street user name driftaa now under TeAmRoCkStArMx21

anyone want a copy of GT5P? I have one for sale, check my thread in the Stuff for sale section

ida_drifter

Only really play COD4 online...

Yeh i mite add u.. once i get back on lol

Anyone playing little big planet?

Add me too now. F2ANGAX. I think Franga was censored. :(

Just got accepted into Home Beta, should be interesting.

^^^do you have a link to try and get a key?

nah, just got an email from Sony. Guess it's a random system.

They said it'll be out this month def so you don't have to wait long.

It's a pretty cool idea, just need some more content which will prob come on it's official release. I'm guessing all those points you get from Trophys will be redeemable in Home for things like clothes, apartment furnishings etc...

Anyone else hanging out for Kill Zone 2....damn that game looks good!

Anyone tried the Dead Space demo?

I tried it on the weekend, although it's short I found it pretty hard. Probably easier to play on PC with a mouse and keyboard.

The graphics are pretty decent! Very violent and graphic too :D Can't believe it got the green light where as small things in Fallout 3 got banned? Ah well lol.

Also got the SuperStarDust HD full game pack on the weekend.

f**kin awesome game. Very simple but very addictive. Online leaderboard, very colourful graphics and very fast paced. I haven't had any framerate issues yet even with hundreds of objects on the screen at once. A few people on some sites said they had the odd jerk but I haven't had any yet. Can be played in 1080P but still looks great in 720.