Sign in to follow this  
Bazelinez

What is the law regarding unwanted pregnancy

So as a woman, you're not responsible for your actions. You get pregnant, the system will make the man pay?

Equal rights ftw!

Wait... Did I say equal? Nvm...

^ ^ guess it depends on your morals and perspective.

I think most peoples thinking would be : it's your kid, it's your job to raise it financially.

I think most peoples thinking would be : it's your kid, it's your job to raise it financially.

Yeah but what defines "your kid"

Is it just your genetic material, or is it that you cared for it, wanted it, and raised it for a time?

So as a woman, you're not responsible for your actions. You get pregnant, the system will make the man pay?

Equal rights ftw!

Wait... Did I say equal? Nvm...

Did you miss the part where they now have a child to look after? Thats going to cost them.

True.

Don't forget the 9 months of pregancy, morning sickness, softening bones, creaking joints, exhaustion... then there's the birth itself...

Then you have to support yourself while you get better without a job.

Then add the 18 years of child rearing.

Alot of what is being said here is using the stance of being ethically and morally correct, yet they will completely ignore the welfare of the child. Instead offering up thier own well being as to what should be ethically and morally protected. Well when its comes to kids sorry but parents are trumped on that one. Kids always come first.

And most of you are citing your grievances on one night stands. In my experience all my "one night stands" have been just that, one night. After that I never see or hear from them again. So how do they track you down? lol So how often do one night stands equal a man paying for an unwanted child? I would guess rarely.

lol Way to many people here have been mothered too much. "Do what you want Dear, Mummy will make it all better".

True.

Don't forget the 9 months of pregancy, morning sickness, softening bones, creaking joints, exhaustion... then there's the birth itself...

Then you have to support yourself while you get better without a job.

Then add the 18 years of child rearing.

Abortion or adoption. It's their choice if they want to keep it. They don't have to go through all that.

It's not as black and white as "Just get rid of it."

In an abortion, you still have to get the baby out. Which means labour pains.

And a lot of primal bonding happens during a birth, which can make it very hard to come to that decision.

Then the baby is bound to end up on formula which does very little for a child, developmentally.

I guess you have got to have experienced it to understand. (who knows, you may have)

If a chick doesn't want to raise a kid on her own, don't have a kid on your own.

If she does, take on the responsibility.

I really don't see the difference, you are acting like the whole thing is a mans fault. Some woman trained you well :P

what if the girl pokes holes in the franger, or lies to being on the pill (or they just stop taking the pill)?

If a girl doesn't want a kid, she's not going to have a kid.

If a guy doesn't want a kid, he takes precautions and then f**king prays. That's the problem.

If a guy doesn't want a kid, he takes precautions and then f**king prays. That's the problem.

I get that.

The chick has a lot more control in the situation.

But a guy can too... just dont have sex :P

But that's the thing that sucks. guys are guys lol

PLUS, what if you are in a longish relationship, say 1year, you've got trust your partner to some extent. And what if you live together?

Guys can't carry their stash of frangers around everywhere with them.

The reason why i'm arguing this point is because guys can be easily manipulated and used in this situation. I know of one couple who live together and have been for 2years; the guy didn't want a kid because he was currently unemployed so the girl 'lied' and said she can't go on the pill anymore due to it making her sick - even though she had been on it for 6years with no problems. Then she (supposedly) poked holes in all the frangers and a month or so later, she was pregnant. Now the guy has tried to do the right thing and asked her to marry him EVEN though you can tell he was no were near ready. They also fight all the time, so you know it's just going to get uglier.

I think a lot of you fail to understand how big a deal an an abortion is. Saying 'well she decided to keep it so it is her problem' is very ignorant.

The sytstem isn't perfect, but if you make a mistake you need to own up to it.

I'm one of few guys here, that agrees with han on the subject 100%

I like to think i can trust the girl that im seeing, and i do,.. having said that, I'll take the risk of having sex, but I am not taking the risk of doing it without a rubber dinger, and one from my own stash,.. not hers, im sure if it lasts then maybe ill move on to using her stash but thats gonna be a looong way down the track

I get that.

what if the girls mental, scoops the load, puts it up her and says the guy did it? he did nothing like it but in the eyes of the law, his stuff, his kid, his responsibility?

She could do this after a one night stand, get up the duff, ring him in 9 months and ruin his life and he hasn't got a leg to stand on

The law is wank, sure guys have a say but there is far too much left open for manipulation on the female side.

I get that.

what if the girls mental, scoops the load, puts it up her and says the guy did it? he did nothing like it but in the eyes of the law, his stuff, his kid, his responsibility?

She could do this after a one night stand, get up the duff, ring him in 9 months and ruin his life and he hasn't got a leg to stand on

The law is wank, sure guys have a say but there is far too much left open for manipulation on the female side.

Have heard of that before too... the exception more than the norm for sure.. but it has happened... buggers me how you'd ever prove it tho... I mean sure i agree guys shouldn't be indiscriminantly(sp? argh im tired) shooting their loads up whatever random woman they hook up with, but there are always exceptions.. hole in condom, it broke, she scooped it blah blah an i still say that it should be more like the american alimony system, to prevent dishonest would be mothers from abusing the system.

At the end of the day, the law takes into account what is in the best interest of the child.

Our society centres parenthood around the mother figure. If you're unhappy about paying child support, isn't it possible for you to apply for shared custody. So you don't pay as much money, but also get to be involved in the child's life.

Motherhood isn't exactly fun. Babies are helpless and need to be monitored around the clock. Then there's the fun of toilet training.

If you're not ready to be a parent, take precautions.

At the end of the day, the law takes into account what is in the best interest of the child.

Our society centres parenthood around the mother figure. If you're unhappy about paying child support, isn't it possible for you to apply for shared custody. So you don't pay as much money, but also get to be involved in the child's life.

Motherhood isn't exactly fun. Babies are helpless and need to be monitored around the clock. Then there's the fun of toilet training.

If you're not ready to be a parent, take precautions.

uve got a point, in the interest of the child, we will help pay for it for the first 18 years so they can live comfortably, then for the following 18years u can pay it all back to us. if you choose to take on the responsibility of a child, you should expect the responsibility that comes with it, by yourself, not at anyone elses expense. we shouldnt have to pay for a life decision they make.

I'd prefer to combine both the toilet and the newborn.

No you wouldn't.

f**k me dead. Some of you guys just go and get a vasectomy and shut the f**k up. You can get it reversed with a vasovasostomy, so there should be no more reason for your bloody whining. Problem Solved.

f**k off, if it was 100% reversable you don't think most guys would have it? Nobody wants to have the possibility of NEVER being able to have kids.

Hell they're not even 100% birth control, you have to be tested every year or so to make sure the bastards haven't grown back together.

Whoever invents the man pill, or even better, the man 2-4 year injection, will be on an absolute gold mine. They'll have trouble producing enough of the stuff. Guys will be wanting it like a fat kid wants candy.

I think everyone should be required to post their age in this thread.

Ok.... let's say that you've knocked up a manipulative bitch.

And now you've been taken to court to pay child support.

Are you really going to deny something you created a chance at a good life??

Honestly...

If all else fails and something you've made has been produced... how can you turn your back on that? Even if it's just money.

You dont even have to be involved in looking after it...

Offtopic a little...

When Mum lived in Germany, she dated a man who had left his wife.

He was still paying child support (and would do until his daughter was 25) AND paying money to the mother for her caring after the child. "Child", the daughter was 18 years old (remember that it's expected in Germany for people to go to Uni after high school).

This man was a detective, on a nice amount of money. The mother and daughter lived in the house and half his wage was going towards them. The mother had a boyfriend and they were going on holidays and living pretty well off.

He was living in a small apartment.

The Australian laws are soooo much more lenient.

I wouldn't disagree with Australia's child support system if they changed it so that it was means tested like virtually every other benefit. That way you won't be denying your child the chance of having a good life, if she really is struggling to support the child, then she gets the support. If she and her child don't need the money then them not getting it won't be denying the child a chance at a good life, but it could be denying the father the chance of a good life.

I'm 17. Its on my profile anyway.

Guess what?

He was born in 1992.

He's as old as Young MC's Bust a move.

:wheelchair:

'91 actually. It's my birthday soon.

I'm as old as UniSA

Because the Australian laws cut off at 18?

I am 24 and was brought up by a single mother, as said earlier she did a good job of it, and it wasn't a "one night stand" type thing, my parents were married and divorced. On the one hand you can't replace having a real father around, it's very rare for a mother to find a real genuine "father figure" and not just some *richard cranium* "i f**k your mum, I'm the boss" type f**kwit that most men dating single mothers are.

I am also in a relationship of 3 years to a girl who I intend to marry, so none of this shit really applies to me, our current plan is that if a kid did come along we'd terminate due to us wanting to get a start on life and be living in a house with our name in the title first, as that's so much harder once you have a kid. However that doesn't stop me wanting to fight for the right of men, and it doesn't make me any less angry seeing men get screwed over by manipulative bitches.

There is not enough apathy in this society, there are too many men who will simply go "I wouldnt' screw a manipulative bitch, this doesn't bother me" "I wouldn't have a one night stand with THAT type of girl, this doesn't apply to me". All it takes is ONE mistake, and it does apply to you. It will also apply to your son, to your brother, to your cousins, to your best mate. Why would you want to turn away from the subject just because it doesn't apply to you?

Could you imagine if every woman that didn't have breast cancer said "I don't have breast cancer, this doesn't apply to me". You sure as hell wouldn't be so aware of the subject and have so many oportunities to donate to their cause.

it's very rare for a mother to find a real genuine "father figure" and not just some *richard cranium* "i f**k your mum, I'm the boss" type f**kwit that most men dating single mothers are.

I'll choose not to take offense to that, ok?