Sign in to follow this  
ziptie

Wheel allignment

Hi all,

i got my wheels aligned yesterday and im just wondering if the workers need to drive the car down the road in order to know if the wheels are aligned.. because i thought thats what the machine was for, but when waiting for the car and getting food, i saw them drive past. It didnt seem right.

May be a stupid question, but i have no idea.

yeah im pretty sure they drove mine after to make sure it is correct, no point just realiing on the machine

yeah im pretty sure they drove mine after to make sure it is correct, no point just realiing on the machine

goood, either way i guess if theyre not meant to its a compliment to my car

Dont really need to drive it on the road. we had our track car crashed by the wheelaligner stupid prick drove it before the wheel alignment :o only found out after we got the car back and the place had shut that there was issues. ah well live and learn.

yes they need to drive it down the road.. cos sometimes when its driving it goes/left or right by itself

i test drive every car i align BEFORE and AFTER

cbf getting into it, but how pissed would you be if you got your car back and it pulls either left or right, or the steering wheel if off coz they didn't know coz the didn't road test it?

It makes sense. Most important work to the car should be road tested, especially something involved in the driving of the car. They'd want to see if it had fixed the problem.

As most have said they normally drive it. They normally do it to make sure the steering wheel is straight when the car is driving straight but because I wait for my wheel alignments they just let me take it around the block and test it for myself which I prefer lol.

yesh my guy test drives the car before and after wheel alignment....to see how bad the alignment is before and how good the inlignment is after..

i got mine aligned and was missing 1/4 of petrol >_>

i test drive every car i align BEFORE and AFTER

cbf getting into it, but how pissed would you be if you got your car back and it pulls either left or right, or the steering wheel if off coz they didn't know coz the didn't road test it?

true, they all need to test, but getting it back with a bend rear end(gutter side) f**ken sucks

:huh: dang. i suppose i have done all that silly shit in my own car, and don't feel the need to do it in anyone elses

i got mine aligned and was missing 1/4 of petrol >_>

Did you skitz it at them? What place was it?

I trust very few work shops to drive my car. Tyre shops are a big no unless I know the guy personally... If it pulls a little, its not hard to fix yourself.

yeh i think they should say something, like hey we'll take your car down the road to see if its all in order, so dont get a shock when you see me go past. So then you can judge whether you want them driving your car or not.

The last time I had a wheel alignment done at Beaurepares, they told me it would take about 20 mins. It took them 1.5 hours. Including the 3 test drives the guy took. When I drove the car home, it seemed fine. Until I took it on the freeway and it was still shaking at 100km/hr. :(

Is it just them ? Or my car ? Want to go for another wheel alignment, but not sure whether it's worth going back to Beaurepares or finding someone who knows about imports.

maybe it isnt just your alignment. maybe your tyres are unbalanced

If that was the case, wouldn't they have been able to pick up on that ? The tyres were brand new at that stage as well. Can't remember who we got to fit and balance them.

not on a alignment machine they wouldnt. just go to a tyre shop and get your rims balanced

The last time I had a wheel alignment done at Beaurepares, they told me it would take about 20 mins. It took them 1.5 hours. Including the 3 test drives the guy took. When I drove the car home, it seemed fine. Until I took it on the freeway and it was still shaking at 100km/hr. :(

Is it just them ? Or my car ? Want to go for another wheel alignment, but not sure whether it's worth going back to Beaurepares or finding someone who knows about imports.

I trust and recommend Trackside Tyres in Kilsyth, or Traction Tyres in Rowville

not on a alignment machine they wouldnt. just go to a tyre shop and get your rims balanced

beaurepaires are a tyre shop, but they fail and thrash cars etc

a bad alignment has nothing to do with a steering wheel shudder

more look like the wheels weren't balanced properly

only place i trust is pedders in dandy just down from autobarn, no one drove my car other than a 2 workshop owners (status & RE) guys at pedders let me go with them when they took my car for a test and in my books that the best customer service

i just did mine 3 days ago at b-jane

they DONT test drive the car out of repect of your car,

i thought they would trash my car around...

they left a card on my review mirror saying they didn't drive it out of repect etc etc

i'm glad they didn't drive it, i rather take it back again if i wasn't happy

i guess they are good at their job cause i found it was perfect

:huh: dang. i suppose i have done all that silly shit in my own car, and don't feel the need to do it in anyone elses

shame ya boss doesnt think that way haha..

yer blingy does my alignments but then i take it for a razz so i can really see how it handles :ph34r:

I lost it at Sandown on the weekend, ended up pulling two tyres off the rims but they were okay and went back on just fine. The place I went to re-seated the tyres, did a wheel alignment but I’m assuming they didn’t test drive it. The problem with that is that my alignment is great but I’ve got a rotational hum (I’m assuming I’ve done a wheel bearing) which they probably would have picked up had they drove it. I’d much prefer someone test drives my car for this reason.

I lost it at Sandown on the weekend, ended up pulling two tyres off the rims but they were okay and went back on just fine. The place I went to re-seated the tyres, did a wheel alignment but I'm assuming they didn't test drive it. The problem with that is that my alignment is great but I've got a rotational hum (I'm assuming I've done a wheel bearing) which they probably would have picked up had they drove it. I'd much prefer someone test drives my car for this reason.

damn that would suck if you done a wheel bearing as well.

if it is a wheel bearing, shouldn't there have been a hum as well when you were driving it back on the spacesavers :huh:

There was - I just assumed it was noisy for the fact I was driving on two space savers so I didn't mention it :P