Sign in to follow this  
Strikos

Best way to book international flights?

whats the best/cheapest way to book internationl flights?

- through travel agent (flight centre, etc)

- airline direct

- online travel sites (post any good sites)

thanks

Head into a travel agent.

Depending on where you are planning on going make sure you have got plenty of time on your hands.

We spent a total of more then 20 hours in the agency for our trip.

If your having a multi stop holiday with many many destinations i would recommend a Travel agent as the dates and flight times may be confusing to arrange, however really comes down to the cheapest.

www.webjet.com.au is a good site to compare prices .

Getting quotes off travel agents is also a good idea and is obligation free to give you a better idea on price.

Also email the hotels DIRECTLY as i saved AUD $400 compared to what a travel agent wanted for the same hotel/room

Bestflights.com.au or maybe just .com

Seriously the easiest way to get the cheapest flight, although a agent will find you the same flight this generally saves heaps of time and will show the very cheapest flight on all carriers.

i just scored 2 return flights to Frankfurt with4 nights in Malaysia for $1900 per person with travel insurance at flight centre.

Straight from the carriers' site.

Travel agents will sting you to book thru them.

i go straight to the airline from now on. iv tried using a travel agent a few time for international flights but they are too slow and pretty expensive. last time i needed a urgent ticket to russia and flight center couldnt find me anything under $5500 so i told them to get stuffed and called up lufthansa and they got me a ticket for the next day flight for $2900 return including taxes.

but i guess if u plan stuff a month or 2 in advance u could use a travel agent.

Straight from the carriers' site.

Travel agents will sting you to book thru them.

Thats what i thought too and was proven wrong when i went to a travel agent. They saved me over $1000....

Yeah bestflight is pretty much a search engine of all the carriers so whatever price you get by ringing up a certain airline you will get the same price on bestflight. So you might aswell plug your desired times and dates and it will give you a comparison of all the carriers and prices.

A bloke i worked with travels to Europe fairly often to see family. He books his flights from Europe, say's he saves up to around 50% on flights due to taxes and their being more competition for tickets over there.

Alot of the decision making is governed by where you want to go........i bought through www.digitaltravel.com.au to taiwan and saved over $300 more than the airline's own website price.....agents can do better prices than retail because of their turn over, some agents just want the profit so they jack the prices up.

i just scored 2 return flights to Frankfurt with4 nights in Malaysia for $1900 per person with travel insurance at flight centre.

owww nice!

when are you heading there?