Sign in to follow this  
white lude

tinting tail lights

hi guys, new to the forum n just after advice on how to tint my 93 prelude's tail lights, can anyone help?

hi guys, new to the forum n just after advice on how to tint my 93 prelude's tail lights, can anyone help?

Try this but with BLACK VINYL

Tools required:

*Red Vinyl

*razor blade

*Soap mixed with warm water

*Blow dryer

*Decal applier or credit card wrapped in cloth

WHY VINYL?

It beats paint if you’re bad at painting or if you don’t want to paint at all.It’s easily reversible and does not chip of. Once it is on, it’s on until youwant it off. Vinyl grips very very well but can be peeled off with some easeand doesn’t leave a messy residue. It lasts long, on average 3-5 years whenused outdoors and can endure extreme weather.

[/url]

1. Mix warm water and a little bit of soap in a cup. Enough to get some smallbubbles going.

2. Clean your tail lightso it is nice and clean. You want the surface to be dirt free to apply thevinyl.

3. Dip your hand in thecup, and rub the soap/water mixture on your tail light corner to get the cornerlightly wet.

4. Peel the vinyl andapply the whole thing on the tail light.

5. Use the applier or credit card and PUSH OUT starting from the middle of thecorner pushing outwards. This will get the water out. Make sure to push out anypossible air bubbles out as well.

6. Grab the blow dryer, put it on HOT mode. The blow dryer will soften up thevinyl so it can bend easier and form to corners. I start off in the LOW modeand point it towards the corners of the tail light and repeatedly PUSH OUT fromthe middle. This will help straighten out the vinyl and help it wrap around theedges.

7. If there are anybubbles or creases still stuck, just peel the vinyl from the corner closest toit and rewrap it as you PUSH OUT from the middle of the corner outwards tostraighten it up.

8. As the vinyl is taking shape, put the blow dryer on HIGH mode (ifapplicable) to blow at the whole corner and edges to finalize and make sure thevinyl sticks on to the tail light

9. Get razor blade andcut around the corner of the tail light. Use light pressure, enough to cut offthe vinyl but too much pressure will leave a scratch in the tail light. Thestock tail lights have a small crease outline in which you can cut along. Ifyou want, you can trace this crease. If not you can trace outside of the creaseto make sure you don’t cut off a part of the vinyl that is covering the amber.

10. Peel off the excess,if any of it is still stuck then cut it off

11. Use the blow dryerto blow at the cut edges if it peeled off a bit. Use your car/applier toflatten those edges off.

12. You’re done, hit thestreets and enjoy your new red corners

VHT night shades. can of spray u can pick up at any car shop :) gl

VHT night shades. can of spray u can pick up at any car shop smile.gif gl

spot on SR20NA, easy to get, easy to use, looks great, wont wash off at the car wash lol

is actually illegal but you dont worry bout that side, just use it sensibly!! :)

VHT night shades. can of spray u can pick up at any car shop :) gl

Only one Prob with that, One's gonna be Lighter / Darker then the other.

What you need:

Tamiya TS-74 Clear Red model Paint (i got it from Toyworld for $13)

1200 Grit Sandpaper

Newspaper

Masking tape

Step 1:

Here is the paint you need.

dscf0139o.jpg

dscf0143vkx.jpg

Step 2:

Mask around the orange that you are going to paint. (Don't flame my masking, I'm no car painter ;pirate.png

dscf0144f.jpgdscf0145g.jpg

Step 3:

Get your 1200 Grit sandpaper and lightly sand the area you are going to paint, this is to promote adhesion. Don't forget to wipe it down with a clean cloth afterwards to get rid of any plastic dust.

Step 4:

Apply your first coat, just a light coat first and wait 10 minutes before the next step.

dscf0146e.jpg

Step 5:

Apply your next coat, a bit thicker this time. Repeat step 4 and 5 until you reach the desired depth of red.

dscf0147l.jpg

Finished Product.

dscf0148m.jpg

dscf0149u.jpg

good.png Can't tell its been tinted, matches really well. Cheap way to be uber ballah wink.png

VHT night shades. can of spray u can pick up at any car shop smile.gif gl

Only one Prob with that, One's gonna be Lighter / Darker then the other.

no necisarrily, mine werent. just have some sort of idea how many coats you do and compare them till theyre right