Sign in to follow this  
tomintegra

92model integra trouble starting and blowing smoke

Hi I've got a 92 integra that is not starting sometimes and sounds completey out of time when cold and if you rev it it blows more smoke than bob marley. is this likely that i need new rings and pistons and pssible honning out of engine or is it probably just out of timing or induction. I've also just fuelled it up with high octane fuel does this cause problems?

Changed the plugs and seems to be running alot better.

However there is a slight trace of oil in under the radiator cap and overflow bottle anyone know what that means??????

yeah any oil in the cooling system is a pretty good sign that the head gasket is on its way out and if oil is leaking into the cylinders that could be the source of some of your smoke.

is it using any oil currently? and keep an eye on the temp guage as headgaskets are usually assiociated with overheating.

yeah any oil in the cooling system is a pretty good sign that the head gasket is on its way out and if oil is leaking into the cylinders that could be the source of some of your smoke.

is it using any oil currently? and keep an eye on the temp guage as headgaskets are usually assiociated with overheating.

YEAH IS USEING A LITTLE OIL THINK IT IS THE RINGS AND THE HEAD GASKET IS PROB ON THE WAY OUT AS IT'S BEEN PRETTY HOT A COUPLE TIMES THE THERMO FANS HAVE STOPPED WORKING SO BEEN TAKING IT EASY

ALTHOUGH HAD AN AWESOME RUN DOwn to phillip island, making bad noises from gear box now keeps clunking and wineing couldn't move into gear.

adjusted clutch up and was ok to go again not sure is it more likely just clutch that needs repairing or gear box?

No noise when in gear driving.

hard to day without seeing it, could be your throw out bearing, but i would be guessing that the pressure plate or clutch plate is on its way out so i would suggest taking the box off and having a look around sooner rather than later. freind of mine stuff his bow from a clutch going.