Sign in to follow this  
dr1ft_pig13 olds

New SA Drivers Licence Rules from 1st July

Now there is a nasty little clause in the new laws starting from 1st July 2010.....even if you already have your P's or you have a full licence (before that date).

If you under 25yrs of age & loose your licence (for whatever reason, points, pinched etc) when you get it back (and you have to go back on P's) you go back on the new system...you will be unable to drive any high powered cars, turbs etc...Now that is ugly especially if your only vehicle is classified "high powered".

New SA Licence laws

OLD Mark

Now there is a nasty little clause in the new laws starting from 1st July 2010.....even if you already have your P's or you have a full licence (before that date).

If you under 25yrs of age & loose your licence (for whatever reason, points, pinched etc) when you get it back (and you have to go back on P's) you go back on the new system...you will be unable to drive any high powered cars, turbs etc...Now that is ugly especially if your only vehicle is classified "high powered".

New SA Licence laws

OLD Mark

High-powered vehicle restrictions do not apply:

• when you turn 25 years of age.
  • if you get your P1 or P2 licence before 4 September 2010.

unsure.gif

Edit: I think I may have misread your post.

Edited by bradsta

watch the road toll drop

watch the price of DEs rise..

New SA Licence laws

OLD Mark

unsure.gif

...for real??? so that would mean that this law doesnt apply to me as im already on my P1's :P

New SA Licence laws

OLD Mark

unsure.gif

...for real??? so that would mean that this law doesnt apply to me as im already on my P1's :P

Yup! Except I'd hate to be displaying P Plates and driving around in a turbo import.. the amount of times you'd be pulled over confused.gif

Such nazi's they are, it's definitely not going to make any difference at all.

i'm gonna go out and spend 50 grand on SR20DE silvias and KE70s... maybe a few NA 180s too... profit town :)

the penalty for P1 drivers not displaying P-plates will change from an automatic licence disqualification to two demerit points and an expiation fee of $250.

fantastic! this was the most stupid rule ever! glad they fixed it

SA had one thing that saved it from being a complete nanny state regarding young/import drivers, and that was the turbo/v8 laws, they came in and shit was f**ked, this just takes it to a whole new level.

words cannot express how little respect i have for the general public who no doubt support this (weirdly enough a majority favouring a law which only effects a minority), and the people who make these laws. the sad part is they are just to stupid to ever realise how stupid they are.

the penalty for P1 drivers not displaying P-plates will change from an automatic licence disqualification to two demerit points and an expiation fee of $250.

yeahhhhh gotta love that after being delt the same penalty for drink driving

yeahhhhh gotta love that after being delt the same penalty for drink driving

Oh well atleast one good thing came out of it...

i dont see any problem with having a stock v6 daily. (and then a beast in the shed)

Thats what im planning to do... Track Only Cars FTW.... lol

This does suck though. Have to sell my commonwhore now cause its v8..

Now there is a nasty little clause in the new laws starting from 1st July 2010.....even if you already have your P's or you have a full licence (before that date)

looking at the website this doesnt seem to be affecting people on full licence, even if you're under 25... or am i missing something?

Quote (Victor): ...for real??? so that would mean that this law doesnt apply to me as im already on my P1's tongue.gif

From my reading if you already have your P's it does NOT apply to you...but if you are under 25 & you loose your licence, when you get it back the new restrictions WILL apply to you.

Quote (httpdotcom): ... would i still be able to buy a turbo car though? im under 25 and on p1's

Again from my reading of the new laws, YES you can buy & drive a "high powered car" the new laws do not apply to you...just dont loose your existing licence...then it will.

Quote: (rock88) looking at the website this doesnt seem to be affecting people on full licence, even if you're under 25... or am i missing something?

Again, from my reading of the new laws, No you are not missing anything...it does not apply to anyone who already has any form of licence...just dont loose it !...then it does (if you are under 25 when you loose it)

OLD Mark

I was talking to TomM3h about this on Facebook, What pointless laws. a 5 speed EL XR6 will keep with a R32 RB20DET in a straight line, yet ones legal and ones not.

utter BS. and the Fact that I drive a 50 ton, 480hp, 2000nm Freightliner on my P1s. and soon able to drive a 120ton, 600hp Road train. Yet still cant do 100km/h on the freeway and If I was to lose my Licence, I wont be able to drive a turbo car.

i'm gonna go out and spend 50 grand on SR20DE silvias and KE70s... maybe a few NA 180s too... profit town :)

Your somewhat spot on there champ, It just means that the "under 25's" will now have to get killa atmo engines built!! Not hard to get a couple hundred kw out of a "built" atmo SR, RB, 1J or 2J!! People just need to put some more thought into what they want to buy/build!!

OR simply buy a track car and tow it to the track with your 6cyl tow car!!

I also suppose there will be ALOT of CA18det's being used as door stops.....Not that id personally put those in a "High Powered" catagory :lol:

fantastic! this was the most stupid rule ever! glad they fixed it

with out a doubt, good thing you have good friends that would help you out in a time of need :whistle:

I hope this means that in a few years time when all the under 25s are driving NA cars the cost of insurance for imports will drop. :)

So am I to understand that if I lose my license in the next couple of years I can't drive my car, which I have been driving for the past 3 years?

So am I to understand that if I lose my license in the next couple of years I can't drive my car, which I have been driving for the past 3 years?

Yup if your under 25 and lose ur licence and go back to P's... Then it will apply to you...

Provided you are under 25, then YES!! If you are on your full licence and you have lost ALL of your points over those 2 years, then maybe you need to look at the way you drive!!

f**k sake. So I gotta hang with 1 point for the next 3 years cause if I lose my licene in f**ked with everything

f**k sake. So I gotta hang with 1 point for the next 3 years cause if I lose my licene in f**ked with everything

lol dont ask me how, but i pulled that off. yet it seems im still not considered a safe enough driver until im 25. id love to see my parents try and pull off 3 years with 3 demerit points, let alone 1.

i love it how police think these rules are going to stop a drink driver or someone doing 80k's over the limit, they are f**ked either way, they arent going to give a shit about this, these are the ones killing themselves, yet these rules effect the petty traffic offenders worse.

i'm gonna go out and spend 50 grand on SR20DE silvias and KE70s... maybe a few NA 180s too... profit town smile.gif

thats exactly what i thought when this shit came in to hahaha.

fuucckkk politicians.

lol dont ask me how, but i pulled that off. yet it seems im still not considered a safe enough driver until im 25. id love to see my parents try and pull off 3 years with 3 demerit points, let alone 1.

i love it how police think these rules are going to stop a drink driver or someone doing 80k's over the limit, they are f**ked either way, they arent going to give a shit about this, these are the ones killing themselves, yet these rules effect the petty traffic offenders worse.

No shit, one speeding fine and my life would be f**ked, I'd lose my job for sure. f**king government.

No shit, one speeding fine and my life would be f**ked, I'd lose my job for sure. f**king government.

speeding fine? lol u could lose it from crossing a solid white line when turning at an intersection, or hell even just having ur arm out the window, even in the passenger seat.

these are 2 examples, there are plenty more even more trivial then those, these spring to my mind as ive have mates either lost their P's or have it extended for those offenses.