Sign in to follow this  
Beau J

Daken - Hit and Run - Video of it running. Flames and stuff.

Hey so some of you may know I was trying to sell my Trueno, just to move onto something a little more laid back and to free up my life a lil for study and travel. So it didnt sell, which i was pretty happy about cause I didnt have to see someone else drive it. So i start parting it out... like this week haha. However i picked up a NA SR20de Auto S13 that a mate had, didnt want, wanted it gone msgd me and i picked it up way cheap. Complete car, engine has some issue but ive already sold that.

The plan is to move the engine, my new Z32 and ETS kit into the S13 from the Trueno, my cooling system, intercooler, wheels (15x10 -26), seat, steering wheel, my fuel system and maybe the front brakes will be going into the Silvia. Basically i want a car i can drive on the street and then go to the Track on Friday night, then go to the beach on Weekend, just something simple and easy.

The rest of the parts from the Trueno will be sold or have been sold.

The parts coming for the Silvia are ETS Z32 Kit, Powered By Max Coilovers, adjustable everything underneath, knuckle kit and tie rods, i also am chasing Half Cage (i'll mod this too), Seat rail, 6666 rear wing, 15x9 or 9.5 for the front, and some speakers

Gonna be black, metal flared guards, real low, CA lip, Im hoping it doesnt take me long. Here are some pictures.

IMG_0184.jpg

IMG_0183.jpg

Body is rough but it'll do for now until i get a spot in the booth with my bro. The underbody, engine bay and interior are amazingly clean!

Here are some pictures from me playing with it after work this week.

DSCF7275.jpg

DSCF7276.jpg

Hoping to have the engine in this weekend or close to it and the fuel system done.

IMG_0116.JPG

Edited by Beau J

hells yeah.

ill be watching this... if its 1/62 as cool as the 86 this thing will be better than 90% of the cars on here..

This is definatly gna be an awesome build to read

Good luck with it all dude can't wait to see what you come up with

defs be watchin man, bit o mexican fitment there :)

Looking good already dude, i know this will be a good one :)

needs more low

but i think you know that :P

bit spewing about the trueno but can tell this will be epic to read

can't wait to see it for real :)

and +1 to daily track car..exactly what I'm building :)

Thanks guys! Im pumped to get this thing done ASAP, working on it every day.

Anyone got a S13 boss kit they wanna sell?

you're so lucky to have the shell i've always wanted. No hicas, no sunroof,

Lol. What can i say Shane, its the "Will of the Gods" maybe.

Car is in a real shit spot at mine at the moment and cant get to it until the weekend so im biting at the bit to start ripping into it. Taken a lot out of the engine bay now and i got my new Bride low rail for my Zeta, also my Z32 kit rocked up, so fast too! Thanks Nigel!

Here are a couple pictures.

DSCF7277.jpg

DSCF7278.jpg

Im getting real impatient waiting on parts, i just want to get cranking on it.

Thanks

Yer well did some work today, after many White Russians hours before i got crackin!

Engine + Box + Front suspension + Diff out of the Trueno out by 11am.

I separated the 6 spd from my engine and put it in the pile of sold parts. Next up was the Silvias turn, this took a little longer as nothing has ever been touched from factory it seems its unmolested well.... it was. once the engine and auto was out of the Silvia i degreased and gurnied everything in the engine bay, cleaned the engines, cleaned some parts. Basically was a day of getting really dirty, had like 3 showers today.

i put the powersteering pump together on the engine, i was pretty pumped to see the s13 NA SR20 fitted my S15 Turbo engine. So this will be new to me, POWER STEERING, i think im gonna have to tone down my aggression in this thing i dont think it will respond as well as the Trueno did to that haha.

While i had it up in the air today i noticed how straight and un destroyed the rails were doesnt even look like its had a jack under it before. The cradel looks like it could use some gussets to strength it up a little, but i think i'll drive it first and see what it feels like first.

I also chucked in my sparco steering wheel to see how it all felt, i think i will be sitting quite low and far back but it is a real good setup from stock i think. Speaking of stock i worked out everything for the manual conversion so i will get stuck into turning this thing into a manual tomorrow, I gotta sort out the brake pedal.

Oh well here are some pictures..

DSCF7280.jpg

DSCF7281.jpg

DSCF7283.jpg

DSCF7282.jpg

I seriously wish i had the skills/knowledge to take on a task like this. I wouldn't know where to start when doing an engine/gearbox conversion like this.

This will be proper mental.

Your Trueno was awesome and I'm expecting good things from this, I'd like to see it with 50mm bolt on flares but y'know, each to their own, good luck Buddy.

Thanks mate! Dont really want this thing to get out of hand like the Trueno did, im going pretty well so far, with keeping my mod everything style under control.

Today is way to hot! Ive basically finished for the day. There aint enough beer to work and stand this heat. Got the following done today.

- Manual conversion basically done, i just need to find a S13 clutch pedal and maybe brake pedal (auto one feels weird) anyone got something cause the S15 one doesnt work.

- Painted the engine bay, satin black to give it the factory look, usually my i rock loud engine bays but i think the engine will do enough for that, this is just one way of keeping this thing sane.

- Z32 apart and basically setup, housing goes to machine shop tomorrow so as long as a few suspension parts like steering rack bushes and the coloumn rocks up this week so i can throw the s15 rack in asap i should have the engine in shortly.

- Worked out a few things im making, decided i'll make my own "Nismo Power brace" still trying to work out my dash setup, but ive bidded on some defi's so hopefully i get them and this thing will be wired in no time.

Provided all suspension parts and other bits show up this week and having Wednesday off i should be able to knock a huge load of this car over and have it running in no time!!

Enough talking, here are some pictures, bit boring atm.

DSCF7286.jpg

DSCF7285.jpg

DSCF7288.jpg

This is how i wanna run my intercooler, gonna be real short piping!!

DSCF7287.jpg

DSCF7284.jpg

hmmmmmm beau with a sil

saw the light hey

i look foward to this :P

Looking forward to this, seeing what you did to the 86 this is gonna be epic

cant wate to see what this thing ends up looking like

Pictures tomorrow.. after i pick up the guard roller.. currently the xmember is lower then a iphone i think...

Nah man, i didnt end up going PBM to much drama got stirred up around it all, so i just went local stuff. The thing is so f**king low. Im gonna have mod some shit in the near future. Maybe a S15 Cradle, make it a pretty neat rear end, cut it up, brace it, r200, lsd, bigger rear housing, chicks getting moist sort of shit!

For now i just want to tune with what i got, dont want to move to fast and not have anything to go off by.

Steve you going to sell you S14 brakes? Im thinking of redrilling the disks and running em on the front as its a bolt up affair and i need new pads hard.

GOD DAYUM! It is hot today. I got up early today to try pop out some hours on the Sil before it got hot.

Monday i had the day off so i went and gathered some parts -

DSCF7291.jpg

DSCF7292.jpg

today i finished off the manual conversion, it is now COMPLETE! thank f**k! Everything is done so now its just time for the engine and the box.

Also my bro and i flared the guards on this puppy today, I think its gonna look hella boss when its got its weight in it, stance wise, just need to finish the flares.

Did some stuff to the engine just checking and going over it and making sure everything is how it should be, Marked out some tin i need to cut out, at the front for the cooler.

B'housing should be done this week, that along with the rest of my Z32 kit rocks up before the weekend... then ill have the engine in it. Meaning next weekend it will get wired up and a tail shaft..

Thinking i might need adjustable lower control arms, anyone recommend anything? ANyone got links to people modding the standard arms?

Pictures - please note the height is not set yet nor are any settings, im hoping once the engine and box goes into the car it will drop more in the nose and level out, otherwise.... new springs.

DSCF7294.jpg

DSCF7298.jpg

DSCF7296.jpg

DSCF7300.jpg

DSCF7309.jpg

DSCF7302.jpg

DSCF7311.jpg

DSCF7310.jpg

Wow dude it's gonna look tough when it's decked, get a origin roof wing

yer man, you can have the fronts. I'll take them out on sat. I've get 2 strut brace aswell if you need them

Woods thats the plan. But worry about that once she is running. Im also hunting for some bolt on wheel spacers so the rear sit right. I hate the way it is sitting in that picture. It still looks 10ft high.. Much work to do.

Steve/Bam that would be freakin awesome if i could get em off you, saves me wasting money on the current ones!

so so much work left to do lol let me know when its time to wire up :thumbsup:

Beau you don't need spacers lol, wind coilovers to the bottom then win. Get wheel alignment make rear camber close to zero and you will be laughing

I think it's the rear camber, kinda looks like it has positive lol.

LOL Pete there isnt that much left baby!

Woods, Camber is at -0.5 and the toe in the photo is all crazy cause i was playing then

Which series BC coils are they mate?

look identical to my BR's but yours have the damper(?) adjustment on the bottom of the fronts, where mines on top